WordPress isn’t reflecting changes I make to a specific file via FTP
Hello, I’m new to WordPress so please let me know if there’s any vital information I’ve left out.
I’ve just migrated from my localhost to online: there were a few bumps but after fixing some paths everything seems to be working fine. Except for the search results page (and I think I know why).
I wanted more search results to show up, so in
Settings > Reading I updated the number of posts to display on one page. However, now when I update
search.php, the changes aren’t reflected on the live site. My uninformed theory is that because I changed a setting via the wp-admin panel it somehow cached a current version of my
search.php and is using that instead of the file I’m updating and reuploading.
I know this is probably incorrect, but I have no idea why changes I make to the file aren’t being reflected. It is the only page I’m having this issue with, changes I make to other files are displayed instantly.