What does exactly GPL license mean for my WordPress theme?
To put it like this:
I have created a WordPress theme for myself which consists of the following:
- PHP code – GPL v2 licensed like WordPress
- CSS files – All rights reserved
- JS files – All rights reserved
- image files required for the theme – All rights reserved
As far as I understand I can copyright all non PHP files in the theme, so my question is:
- Does this licensing scheme (for file groups) violates the WordPress license?
- Do I have to publish the PHP code of the theme so it is available to everyone?
- If I were to make a WordPress powered website with my theme (with the same licenses as above) for someone else (who pays for the service), do I have to publish the PHP code of the theme so it is available to everyone, just the buyer, or anything else?