migration – The requested URL was not found only on localhost
I have moved WordPress files & database from localhost to live server successfully. However, now when I try to move it back to localhost the links doesn’t work, although they should.
I am using root-relative links in my hrefs as in: href=”/about-us”
I am using the plugin All in One WP Migration.
Have tried the following:
- Multiple .wpress backup files from the plugin,
- Reinstalled XAMPP,
- Several different database names for local WP installation,
- Severeal different usernames for local WP installation,
- Several different theme names for local WP installation,
- Matched database, username and theme name Exactly as live WP installation,
After WP migration have tried:
- Selecting all the other permalink structures in addition to “postname”,
- Saving permalink structure twice after WP Migration,
- Cleared cache with Google Inspector,
- And maybe something more.
All the “guides” seem to use this plugin with “ease” and none really faces this issue or talks about it so it’s quite confusing.
Note: If I change from “/about-us” to “about-us” it works but I do not want it this way. Also I want to make this work with this specific plugin.