Is an Office a custom post type
In an upcoming WordPress project I have to display a listing of offices, and these offices would have a bunch of user fillable fields.
I have spent some time thinking about the anatomy of an office and decided it would have the following:
Things that make up an office (in my scenario):
- Address line 1
- Address line 2
- Is opening soon?
- Opening date?
- Summary/ short description
- Price per day currency
- key points – access, parking, cafe, other assets
- Contact phone number
- Contact email
- Description of location/ centre
- Key features and benefits
- Photo of tour guide for office or centre
- Directions by tube/ train, bus, driving etc
- Given name
- legal name
I’m fairly new to WordPress but from the list I have given, would an office qualify as a custom post type, or is the leaning more towards a plugin or custom tables?
I feel like things like
key features would themselves be a taxonomy type much like the use of tags. For instance an office could have stuff like:
- Vending machine
I’m just a bit hazy about what counts as what.