Custom Taxonomy Archive generates 404

Question

I have a custom post type called “artists”. Attached to this is a custom taxonomy, genre.

Now, URLs /genre/<post slug> works perfectly fine, however the naked taxonomy page /genre/ gives a 404 error, and I’m struggling to find the error in my code that would do this.

This is my code:

// Genre
add_action( 'init', '_ct_genre', 0 );
function _ct_genre() {
    $label_p = 'Genrer';
    $label_s = 'Genre';
    register_taxonomy( 'genre', 'artists', array(
        'labels'                    => array(
            'name'                      => $label_p,
            'singular_name'             => $label_s,
            'menu_name'                 => $label_p,
            'all_items'                 => 'Alla ' . strtolower($label_p),
            'parent_item'               => 'Förälder',
            'parent_item_colon'         => 'Förälder:',
            'new_item_name'             => 'Nytt namn på ' . strtolower($label_s),
            'add_new_item'              => 'Ny ' . strtolower($label_s),
            'edit_item'                 => 'Redigera ' . strtolower($label_s),
            'update_item'               => 'Uppdatera ' . strtolower($label_s),
            'search_items'              => 'Sök ' . strtolower($label_p),
            'add_or_remove_items'       => 'Lägg till eller Ta bort ' . strtolower($label_p)
        ),
        'hierarchical'              => false,
        'public'                    => true,
        'show_ui'                   => true,
        'show_admin_column'         => true,
        'show_in_nav_menus'         => true,
        'has_archive'               => true,
        'show_tagcloud'             => true,
        'update_count_callback'     => '_update_post_term_count',
        'query_var'                 => true,
        'publicly_queryable'        => true,
        'rewrite'                   => array(
            'slug'                      => 'genre',
            'with_front'                => true,
            'hierarchical'              => true
        )
    ) );
}

All similar issues on StackExchange that I have found, does not apply here.

  • I’ve tried setting query_var to a string ‘genre’ instead, however that didn’t work either.
  • I have of course flushed permalinks after each and every change.
0
, , Athoxx 3 years 2019-10-31T05:18:50-05:00 0 Answers 80 views 0

Leave an answer

Browse
Browse