Can’t log in: “ERROR: Cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress.”
After a server move, I’m unable to log in to my site. I get the “ERROR: Cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress.” error when I try submitting the login form.
I’m positive that my browser supports cookies and that they’re not blocked.
I’ve researched this pretty thoroughly and tried every suggestion I’ve found:
- renamed the plugins directory
- renamed the site theme directory
- searched the database for instances of the previous URL and replaced those with the new URL
- updated WordPress to latest version (4.0)
- defined WP_HOME and WP_SITEURL in wp-config.php
set ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH, COOKIE_DOMAIN, COOKIEPATH, and SITECOOKIEPATH in wp-config.php:
define('ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH', '/'); define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', ''); define('COOKIEPATH', ''); define('SITECOOKIEPATH', '');
tried this hack to wp-login.php: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cookies-are-blocked-or-not-supported-by-your-browser-1#post-5026171
I can log into the site on my local install, and I can log into the site on our dev server. Any ideas what could be causing this?