An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration
I’m running WordPress on a localhost WAMP server and whenever I go to “Plugins” or “Dashboard > Updates” or even to “Dashboard” nothing loads (no WordPress news, no updates, and I’m not able to search for plugins nor update them).
In the “Plugins” section, I see this when I try to search for something:
An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with
WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have
problems, please try the support forums.
Has anyone encountered this issue before? It happened overnight a few weeks ago for me. It was working for a long time and then one day it stopped. What I already done:
- Searched Google and WordPress.org support forums. This issue is mentioned hundreds of times and there is no solution.
- Checked php.ini, Apache’s config, .htaccess, enabled potentially related PHP/Apache modules, checked if WAMP is set to “online” (my WAMP is accessible from other network computers now).
- Allowed every permission for WAMP in “Allow a program through Windows Firewall”.
- Deactivated all plugins and themes other than the default one.
- Checked [Settings > General] to see if URLs are valid and they are.
- Resaved [Settings > Permalinks].
- Installed another WordPress on this localhost and it works. So, why doesn’t the first one?